« Home | Nestle - One Sweet Online Marketing Campaign » | The Midnight Special | NYE Show » | Portillo's vs. Hot Doug's » | The Calico New Year's Eve Kitty » | X-Mas Card From Some Beggars » | Green Onions » | Why Bands Hate Talent Agents (Mostly) » | Calvin's BBQ Goes National! » | Metromix & My Pumpkin - Year 3 » | The Rock & Roll Chef�: Eddie Munster (Butch Patrick) » 

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 

BBQ WARS! (Chicago Style)


I'M HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE I'M FINALLY THROUGH "PHASE I" of building CalvinsBBQ.com. It's exciting, I'm relieved, it's been a LONG time coming, and it's something I've wanted to do for a few years now. I think it's pretty tight for the (lack of) budget, and for being brand new as of today.

IN GETTING THIS THING TOGETHER, I've been spending a lot of time looking at anything I could find online about BBQ, online reviews, blogs, etc. - and it's been quite an eye-opener. What I've discovered about the whole BBQ culture in Chicago is this: People are CRAZY fanatics about BBQ, and the picks for their favorite joints around here are all over the place. Don't believe me? Check out LTH Forum, or Chowhound, for some quick examples. Of course, Calvin is my client & pal, so I'm biased about him stepping up to claim the crown for King Of Chicago BBQ. Regardless, more competition only means Chicago turns into an even better BBQ center, which means the real winner is everyone in this fine city who digs some fine 'Q.

Labels: , ,