« Home | Metromix & My Pumpkin - Year 3 » | The Rock & Roll Chef�: Eddie Munster (Butch Patrick) » | Eddie Munster (Butch Patrick) » | Rock N Roll Halloween Part 2 » | Rock N Roll Halloween! » | Popcorn Festivals USA » | John Fogerty Still Doing It Right » | Peter Oyloe - Diamond In The (Not So) Rough? » | Lonesome Halos » | The Rock & Roll Kitchen, Jr. » 

Saturday, November 18, 2006 

Calvin's BBQ Goes National!

FOR ANYONE BORED ENOUGH TO READ THIS BLOG, they may remember me having picked Calvin Woods as an up-and-coming culinary star (at least, in the BBQ world). These inklings look to be affirmed - for the time being, at least - when Calvin & his partner Ted will be featured on a Food Network show called "The Hungry Detective." (Tues, Nov. 21, 2006).

ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK CALVIN has really signed off on what's coming and its related "power-of-TV" impact (you'll see him wearing some random baseball hat on camera from some business I never heard of - WHAT THE HELL CALVIN?!?!?!), I'm pretty sure a national audience will result in a spike in Chicago-area business. And I'm CERTAIN his website will get hammered from non-Chicago visitors; which is making me crazy right now.

WEBSITE. I've been bugging Calvin for over a year to find some sort of budget so I can get his website in order (it currently sucks), but until yesterday, it never happened. Not until I mentioned his segment's airdate, that is. What's making me nuts is, with all the lead time, prior knowledge of this coming down the pike, etc., he didn't pull the trigger until yesterday, which gives me until Tuesday PM to put up something that will hopefully make him look halfway professional, franchiseable, and inviting.

THAT'S TOUGH ENOUGH, but I'm out of town with a band gig this weekend, which knocks two days out of the picture. Damn, and stay tuned...

Labels: , , , ,