« Home | New Wishbone Restaurant In Berwyn » | Totally Chipotle Quesadillas | Rock & Roll Kitchen... » | Rock Star Lunch » | VOTE FOR THE WORST! » | BBQ WARS! (Chicago Style) » | Nestle - One Sweet Online Marketing Campaign » | The Midnight Special | NYE Show » | Portillo's vs. Hot Doug's » | The Calico New Year's Eve Kitty » | X-Mas Card From Some Beggars » 

Saturday, April 14, 2007 

The Hot Spot | Chicago Restaurant

HERE'S THE STORY ON THIS SHORT CLIP OF THE HOT SPOT, a groovy little restaurant close to Logan Square & Humboldt Park in Chicago. They don't have a website, and the owner (Stacy) tells me she's unconvinced about the value of online marketing & video...

Regardless, I like her & her place a lot, there's not many places around here like hers, and I admit I'm selfish about wanting her to stay open for a long, long time. And so... as an experiment and as a fan, I shot & edited this freebie piece today for Stacy and her place (okay, she did buy me breakfast). Part of this is to "put my money where my mouth is," so to speak, and see what results it gets; The other part was to see how quickly I could shoot, edit & post a (halfway decent?) video piece. Don't forget (for all those who talk, but never do anything, yet somehow feel entitled to let me know how much better THEY could have done it): f r e e b i e....

A nice surprise was the three random people who agreed to appear on camera (Brendon, Marilyn & Heidi) - they obviously dig the place, too, and I think their segments came off WAY better than any paid actor ever could - thanks, guys! That said, although the breakfast burritos are great, I do wish we'd talked about some of the other stuff on the menu, which is also mighty tasty.

Finally, if you see (and hopefully like) this segment, do me two favors: PLEASE tell Stacy you saw it; maybe she'll change her mind (and let me do a segment piece for real) and 2. Convince her to appear on camera (here's wishing you better luck than I had on that).

Labels: