« Home | Halloween Is The Best Holiday! » | Say The Name Speed Game | Baby Back Blues BBQ » | Dale Bozzio Of Missing Persons & Totally Chipotle ... » | Cockpit - Mission To Rock (lahoma) » | The future host of "Rock & Roll Kitchen, Jr." (Che... » | Brendan's Cross | Black Caddy Bumper 4 R&R Kitchen » | Brendan's Cross | "Shine" Video » | Rocklahoma 2008 - Africa Hot or Sideways Rain » | The Rock & Roll Kitchen At Rocklahoma 2008 » | Mark Battrell | Photographer Meets Videographer » 

Thursday, October 16, 2008 

Custom Pumpkins & Halloween Highlight Reel

ALTHOUGH I DO MY BEST TO PRACTISE WHAT I PREACH (in this case, using online video to get the message out about a product or service), I'm just like everyone else - I don't really get paid directly to work on my stuff, so it gets pushed to the side in favor of the more immediately profitable ones. However...

Since it is the season, I decided to spend a little time & assemble some of my pumpkin & Halloween content to our version of the classic cut "Spooky." And speaking of that: A big part of the inspiration for my Halloween CD ("Pumpkin Patch") was because I was truly getting sick of having to listen to the SAME OLD SONGS EVERY TIME I did any kind of Halloween or pumpkin carving event: You know - Thriller, or the theme from Halloween, or Monster Mash, or One Eyed Purple People Eater, or whatever noise was supposed to be scary, but was really just annoying. So I got some talented local guys together and did new arrangements of songs like "Moondance," "Witchy Woman," "Ghost Riders In The Sky," to name a few (and wrote a couple too - what the hell!). Special thanks to Leigh Hanlon for some great photos & video in this piece, enjoy.

Labels: , ,