« Home | Leon Russell | A Song For You (live, 1971) » | Meet The Whole Fam Damily » | RIP Myspace & Good Riddance! » | Marty Robbins Live TV | Faleena From El Paso » | Bad CCR Tributes » | David Polk Music | Recorded At Kenmore Live Studio » | Top 5 "Big Game" Recipes from Kenmore Live Studio » | Chuck Berry Collapses Onstage In Chicago » | 2010 Top Ten Highlights » | The Future Of On-Camera Talent Is Here - Now What? » 

Sunday, January 23, 2011 

I Guess I Like Wearing Women's Clothes?

Just played a show the other night, and made a discovery about the jeans I had on.

First, I have to say that I do indeed play a pink Stratocaster, so I've heard all kinds of comments on that one over the years ("you must be really secure about your manhood to play a pink guitar!" is the most popular). Truth is, I wasn't looking for a pink guitar when I bought it used; it's just an amazing guitar that happens to be pink. And MAYBE, just maybe, it helped our band get hired by Pink last year? But back to the jeans....


My pal Chip Znuff gave me a pair of "stretchy" jeans a couple of years ago (lord knows he's "borrowed" enough of my shirts that I'll never see again - apparently we have the same taste in clothes, food and yes: women). FYI, in Chip's view, he's a rock star 24/7, and unless he's wearing some bathrobe purloined from some hotel from some city he's traveled to (which is quite a lot of places, all over globe), he never leaves the house dressed down. His philosophy: He wants to make/keep fans whenever possible, and tries to make a good impression in hopes anyone who met him can say "Chip Znuff - a true rockstar AND a real nice guy." And that's just plain good business for an entertainer, I think.

Bottom line: Chip's clothes are always rock-star tight, fancy, loud, rude, bordeline-pimp at times - never conservative. So the Levi's jeans he gave me were in that same genre: a little too small for him I think - he's around 6' 2", a relative giant among these vertically-challenged rock stars (but that's another conversation). 


Truth is, I'm sure lots of musicians drift into the women's clothes section for the same reasons: Tighter, a little flashier, less conservative than most men's clothes. I heard that Elvis used to do that; Even my pal Rich Perez will admit he borrows selected stuff from his girlfriend's inventory (and vice versa).


So I'm looking at the label on these jeans, wondering what waist size they are, and I see it: Size 10 (women's). Hmmmmm.... When I shared that with some pals, they cracked wise: "Looks like Chip has been dating some Marty-sized women!" (pretty funny). But more likely, I'm guessing Chip shops in the women's department for at least some of his attire. Hey, maybe I will too down the road? If they look good in all the right places - case closed.

All that aside, I suppose it could be noted: Pink guitar, women's clothes... exactly what does that say about me?