« Home | Creedence Again Live Video » | Totally Chipotle® - Get Addicted. » | The BIG World Of Tribute Bands » | Hank Williams Writes Again?!? » | Mexican Chefs Who DON'T Cook Mexican » | Chef Calvin Woods of Calvin's BBQ » | (Sir) Chip Znuff of Enuff Znuff » | In Being The Rock & Roll Chef®.. » 

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 

Deja Vu (All Over Again)

Here's some video I just edited for this CCR tribute band I work with. The original idea was just to put up 60 seconds or so of the tune, but the singer (Dan McGuinness) did such a good job (taped live at the Liberty Theatre in Ft. Scott, Kansas, it inspired me to flesh out a full "performance art" piece. Probably the hardest part was trying to find the best images to match with the song. I suppose the best compliment would be that a 4 minute-plus tune (featuring only one continuous camera shot, and one musician playing) doesn't feel like it drags too much.

I've already gotten some static about this piece ("too dark"), but my hope is the piece stays true to the lyrical content of the song. FYI, I think John Fogerty proves he's still as sharp as ever with this recent release.