« Home | America Loves BBQ » | Steven Adler of GNR Gives The Rock & Roll Kitchen ... » | Exposure Room » | Dooce.com! » | Custom Pumpkins & Halloween Highlight Reel » | Halloween Is The Best Holiday! » | Say The Name Speed Game | Baby Back Blues BBQ » | Dale Bozzio Of Missing Persons & Totally Chipotle ... » | Cockpit - Mission To Rock (lahoma) » | The future host of "Rock & Roll Kitchen, Jr." (Che... » 

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 

The Big Green Egg!

http://www.greenegggrilling.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/half-of-the-demo-eggs-used-at-the-eggtober-fest-2007-215-x-287.jpgANYBODY OUT THERE OWN A BIG GREEN EGG? I don't (yet), but have to admit - they're pretty groovy, real heavy and not cheap. I got a call from Nick at Jack Daniels, who recommended I come out & shoot video at their event November 7 & 8 at Carmichael's Steakhouse in the West Loop (Chicago). I'm glad I did.

The owners & chefs who use them swear by them, and they look pretty groovy. I interviewed various folks there, got to know some of the chefs (that's good & bad), and have been looking through some of the footage since then to edit/post. Stay tuned...