« Home | Halloween Industry Pioneer? You Decide... » | "If Cats Could Talk... » | Foodie Flakes vs. Rock & Roll Scum » | A Tale Of Target & Teenagers - With A Twist » | The 1990 Honda Civic | 250k Miles » | Digital Piracy Reality » | Creedence Again on WGN Morning News | August 13, 2009 » | Creedence Again on WGN Morning News | August 13, 2009 » | The Last Gunner Standing? » | Woodstock 40th Anniversary Tribute Show » 

Monday, November 16, 2009 

Dale Bozzio's Consalvi Foods

"The difference between crazy and eccentric? Money..."At least, that's how I think the old saying is properly quoted - and I think Dale would probably enjoy the saying in context with her.

Truth is, I don't know any musician, entrepreneur, restaurant owner or the like who couldn't be called crazy for being in the business they're in. The difference? Money. Only the ones who achieve commercial success seem to be immune to being lumped in as a hopeless dreamer/loser/failure. I guess it depends upon how you measure success, eh?

As any real fans of Dale know, right now she's in the pokey in New Hampshire ("Kitten In The Can"), doing 90 days or so for animal cruelty.

FYI, this whole thing is ironic; anyone who knows Dale knows she prefers animals to most humans, and does her best to rescue & adopt them - too much, in the opinion of some. My hope, however, is that she can "do a Martha;" come out stronger than ever, and use the experience to reinvigorate her career - but this time, with food as the backbone.

While I'm not sure where things are at with her food company dreams, I am sure she has some pretty heavy-duty fans (with national TV shows) she could probably book segments on when/if she's ready to roll with her line. Some names Dale kicked around: Jimmy Kimmel, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Ellen Degeneres... that's an amazing promotional edge any startup food company would kill to have...

Labels: ,

Dale should have saved a good bit of money during the '80's when Missing Persons made some decent dough. Now she's desperate for something that will enable her to live decently. I hope she can find what she needs.

In response to this comment... Since when is it common to find musicians who are good with saving/keeping their money? In fact, it's almost contrary to their nature: They're entertainers, slaves to the moment and the spotlight; artists, not businessmen.

ALSO: As with any other business, musicians don't have the mindset that one song or record will be their only success in life. They almost HAVE to have the attitude that they have to invest more money into keeping the streak alive.

And, of course... almost all the famous rockers I've met have had issues with drugs or booze or pills; that seems to go with the turf, too, just as much as the money goes up their noses.

Bottom line: It's much easier for nameless/faceless comments to pass judgement on what someone should have done. Fact is, most of them never had the courage, talent, persistence (or luck) to have any success at all as an entertainer - so why should they be entitled to give counsel about how they "should have saved a good bit of money?

I've known Dale Bozzio very, very well for nearly 10-yrs, and by well, I mean speaking on the phone upwards of 6-times a day. I have to agree with the Chef on numerous counts...
Dale eccentric? You bet. Sadly, you're crazy when you don't have the cash.
As to Dale saving money from her early success, again, Chef is on point. Dale's story is far more common than not, but I know too well she had the balls to travel to California and look up Frank Zappa, at his invitation, and push herself to do something. She is the most spontaneous, 'of the moment' person I've ever known. Pity her? No. But empathy between 'humans' is in short, short order these days, and it costs nothing to offer it.
As to the cat issue - tragic. I am one of the few people to know that, as a very young girl, Dale's mother left her, her husband and her younger brother (though she would return years later and to this day they are very close)... Still, 'animal hoarders' nearly all suffer from abandonment issues, and that is absolutely the case with Dale. Rescuing the helpless, in this case, stray, often feral, cats, was certainly Dale's way of dealing with her mother leaving. I could expand on that, but I think I make my point. Her generosity to me knew no bounds, as today I own incredible artwork and memorabilia Dale sent to me over the years. Her many moves and troubles has meant we are no longer in touch, but I am grateful for the privilege of having been such a close friend, and to this day, I consider her no different.

Post a Comment