« Home | Nat King Cole | Route 66 » | Brains & Genius | Barry Krause Of Suite Partners » | The Dog Of Nashville 2nd Annual Sausage Fest » | Kenmore Live | Induction Ranges vs. Gas » | John Lilly at Duke's (Chicago) August 21st 2010 » | Will It Blend? » | CCR - The Original Jam Band? » | Canaries In The Coalmine » | Chicago Summer Dance Series w/ Chicago Afrobeat Pr... » | Big Brother HD Style » 

Monday, November 29, 2010 

Stardust video | Nat King Cole

Although I'd been involved with many editing sessions with other editors at the helm, this was the first video I ever edited by myself (Sony Vegas - I don't miss PC computers at all, but I really liked that editing program - even better than Final Cut Pro so far). It was also one of the first vids I posted on YouTube (4 years ago), so I wasn't too savvy about formatting for the best resolution, plus YouTube had pretty small file size limits at that time - that's why it looks so fuzzy/lame-o. Even so...

Somehow, the pairing of images from the Hubbel (sp?) telescope and that recording seems to really hit a chord with people from around the world. It almost seems like a contest with the viewer comments, where they try to outdo each other with their near-poetic input. And yes, I think it's great, and would never have guessed my little video would get the reaction it has (280k & counting). Enjoy!