« Home | Marconi Foods From Chicago » | The Big Green Egg! » | America Loves BBQ » | Steven Adler of GNR Gives The Rock & Roll Kitchen ... » | Exposure Room » | Dooce.com! » | Custom Pumpkins & Halloween Highlight Reel » | Halloween Is The Best Holiday! » | Say The Name Speed Game | Baby Back Blues BBQ » | Dale Bozzio Of Missing Persons & Totally Chipotle ... » 

Friday, November 14, 2008 

Tim Beattie For Totally Chipotle

TIM BEATTIE IS A LONG-TIME PAL & BANDMATE OF MINE WHO I FIRST MET IN L.A. I always liked him, but it took me awhile to accept a hard fact about him: No matter who he shares the stage with, no matter how good, no matter what instrument they're playing... Tim always gets the most response and applause from audiences when he plays harp. Not to take anything away from his singing (dynamite), lap steel (excellent) and songwriting (very fine). But when he gets on that harp, it's something truly special.

As a reference, the guy blows notes as fast as the dude from Blues Traveler; but, in my opinion, Tim is a far tastier player, singer, and much more dynamic performer.

He plays with various bands in Nashville these days, but I always bring him around to wherever I am & whatever I'm doing when possible - the secret weapon.

Tim is also an excellent smoker & griller, I've had some amazing food at his place; and he makes a dry rub that is just addictive (put a label on it & sell it, you dumbass!!! Truly fantastic).

Here's a quickie video I shot of him, fooling around with his harp on a neck brace; I think we were both shaking off the aftereffects from too much fun, and he was just cruising slow & steady.


Tim Beattie For Totally Chipotle from Rocknrollchef on Vimeo.