« Home | San Franciso Time Machine Movie » | Radar Love by Golden Earring » | Creedence Again At Woodstock Opera House » | Stupid Should Hurt! » | Canadian's Women's Gold Hockey Winners Dustup » | The 'Bama Bad Boy (Part 2) | Brad Cotter » | I Was A Female Rock Star » | East Nashville Tennessee » | Brad Cotter | The 'Bama Bad Boy » | Hard Times (Harder Not To Whine?) or.... ADAPT OR ... » 

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 

Steven Adler's "My Appetite For Destruction" 2010 Book

I've been hearing about Steven's upcoming book for awhile now from my pal Chip Znuff, who plays & stays with Adler fairly often - they really seem to be good pals (probably for life), and they're an EXCELLENT rhythm section to boot. As I was sharing with some Nashville musicians last night (including a guy who plays with John Fogerty), Steven can still throw down on the skins; I've personally witnessed him laying down a wicked country/shuffle train beat that swung like a lynch mob's rope. FYI, Steven got outvoted by his publisher on his choice for the title: "No Bed Of Roses." (hah). He's a funny one, and no dummy either.

I caught up with Chip a little yesterday, he was pretty pumped; he said Adler has a new 5-song EP of new tracks coming out soon - which is nice - but the thing Chip was most excited about: He tells me Adler will be doing Oprah this year? That IS big.

On top of that, I'm guessing the publisher (Harper Collins) will be scheduling a fair amount of national TV shows, multi-city signings, etc. All of which should result in putting some bodies in seats for concerts.

I have to say: I am LOVING the design on the cover - kudos to whoever knocked that one out. GOOD LUCK STEVEN & CHIPPER!

Labels: , , ,