« Home | "About 20 Years Ahead Of Its Time..." » | Tonight You Drink.... » | Steven Adler's "My Appetite For Destruction" 2010 ... » | San Franciso Time Machine Movie » | Radar Love by Golden Earring » | Creedence Again At Woodstock Opera House » | Stupid Should Hurt! » | Canadian's Women's Gold Hockey Winners Dustup » | The 'Bama Bad Boy (Part 2) | Brad Cotter » | I Was A Female Rock Star » 

Saturday, April 03, 2010 

Good Friday Whippings, Y'all

Anybody else out there watching in amazement at all these (typically) Filipinos being whipped/whipping themselves as part of their Easter ritual? They're surely a lot tougher (wackier?) than I am. It was painful enough for me in church: Having to genuflect, trying to keep my eyes open while people around me politely laughed as some monotone/unfunny dude perpetually droned on about guilt, damnation, sin and turmoil. At least, that's how I remember it...

Funny: I wonder how much NOT wanting to have anything to do with that whole force-fed "you're going straight to hell johnny!" routine contributed to my current status? (i.e., WELL on my way to hell - at least by the priest's stated guidelines)

Happy Good Friday & Easter, y'all! And if you have to whip yourself, be whipped or genuflect as part of it - I might recommend tipping a few to "soften the blow," hey?