« Home | The Bane Of My Existence » | Don't Taze Me Man! » | County Q studio | Berry Hill/Nashville TN » | Memphis Vs. Nashville » | Good Friday Whippings, Y'all » | "About 20 Years Ahead Of Its Time..." » | Tonight You Drink.... » | Steven Adler's "My Appetite For Destruction" 2010 ... » | San Franciso Time Machine Movie » | Radar Love by Golden Earring » 

Sunday, May 16, 2010 

I Don't Really Like You - I Just Want To Make Money Off You!

That's what I say to my music & food pals/clients - and they always laugh & say "When do we start? Let's GO!" Hell, I wish someone would say & do that with me, too. There's not many better things in this world for an artist than when someone else is doing the "heavy lifting" on their behalf - and all the artist has to do is show up, do whatever they're hired to do, get their money & CU LATER.

Hopefully (and unfortunately this is extremely pretty rare), these "heavy lifters" are trustworthy, aggressive, creative, results and succe$$ oriented. For the record, I used to work with an agency that got some nice results with my brands, but the problem was this: Although they used me, my original concepts & accomplishments to sell & execute these gigs, they nevertheless treated me like some kind of "work for hire" actor or temp employee. In other words, I never knew exactly how much money they were making off of me, but I can guarantee it was nowhere close to the 10 - 20 percent an agent or manager would take. I can respect hard work and talent as much as anyone, but when someone else is making more money than me from my own intellectual properties, trademarks and creative concepts - that's a problem.