« Home | RIP Ronnie James Dio » | Is It Really Who You Know? » | I Don't Really Like You - I Just Want To Make Mone... » | The Bane Of My Existence » | Don't Taze Me Man! » | County Q studio | Berry Hill/Nashville TN » | Memphis Vs. Nashville » | Good Friday Whippings, Y'all » | "About 20 Years Ahead Of Its Time..." » | Tonight You Drink.... » 

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 

The Holy Grail Of Video & Photo | B & H Photo

Briefly popped in yesterday to THE most mindblowing spot I've ever experienced for video & photo gear: B & H Photo in Manhattan.

FYI, the late-afternoon traffic could have been a lot worse I suppose; nothing most folks in cities like downtown L.A., Chicago or San Francisco don't see on a regular basis; and they do offer free(ish) parking if you order $100 minimum. NOTE TO B&H EMPLOYEES. When someone NOT from NYC is asking directions to your tiny parking lot, don't use terms like "lower" or "upper" - totally foreign to a foreigner.

It would appear they own/occupy the ENTIRE city block, 1st & 2nd floor. This place was JAMMIN with all kinds of people from all over the world, conveyor system delivering purchased parts to the checkout area efficiently, courteous/knowledgable staff and.... toys aplenty.

They also helped me decided on the camera system I'll be acquiring & shooting, which I think I'll keep a secret until I have a chance to knock out some HD content. If this equipment can do what I think it can... it means technology has quickly gotten to the point where a street-level producer like myself with zero schooling or technical training can knock out broadcast-quality content only limited by the content & story itself (I like that a lot)

Labels: ,

I've always had great experiences with B&H.

Post a Comment