« Home | Is It Really Who You Know? » | I Don't Really Like You - I Just Want To Make Mone... » | The Bane Of My Existence » | Don't Taze Me Man! » | County Q studio | Berry Hill/Nashville TN » | Memphis Vs. Nashville » | Good Friday Whippings, Y'all » | "About 20 Years Ahead Of Its Time..." » | Tonight You Drink.... » | Steven Adler's "My Appetite For Destruction" 2010 ... » 

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 

RIP Ronnie James Dio

I hear legendary rock singer Dio died in the last few days; I only mention this because I used to cook for him when he, his wife/manager & his bandmates stayed at Caribou Ranch in Colorado.

I remember him being very nice (of course, anyone who ISN'T nice to the chef probably deserves whatever they get); and I remember him not being the tallest musician I ever met - his wife pretty much towered over the guy.

I also remember talking about him when I met Axl Rose in Century City/L.A.;
for whatever reason, Axl didn't seem to think too much of him, although Axl was nice to me that day.

Less clear in my memory is that I seem to recall his bandmates contributing to the early demise of Caribou Ranch. As I remember, the owner's (10 year old?) daughter Katie - who pretty much had free reign at the ranch - had walked in on some kind of debaucherous rockstar behavior that little kids aren't supposed to witness, who told her dad, who wasn't real thrilled with his daughter being "exposed" to that sort of thing. Well hell's bells - that's why it's called rock & roll, folks! Rest in peace & rock on, Mr. Dio.


Labels: , ,